Insurance company contracts are affected by not only domestic regulation and the guidelines and recommendations of the national supervisory authority but also by a number of EU directives and decrees and the guidelines of the European supervisory authorities.
Negotiating and drafting contracts in the insurance sector requires a thorough knowledge of the provisions under Solvency II and the IDD as well as the EIOPA guidelines. It is also elementary to have excellent command of national legislation and regulations and guidelines issued by the Finnish Financial Supervisory Authority. Our extensive experience in negotiating and drafting contracts and familiarity with the negotiating techniques of the contracting party will benefit you greatly when negotiating and drafting contracts that are key to your company’s operations and implementation of strategy.
Our services include negotiating and drafting contracts in various matters, such as:
- IT systems, IT services and integrations
- Cloud service adaptations and outsourcing to cloud service providers
- Outsourcing of central, critical or important functions or activities
- Partner, cooperation and sponsorship agreements
- Coordinating procurement procedures and insurance regulation
- Subcontracting arrangements
- Agent and distribution arrangements