Impressive Rankings for Castrén & Snellman in the Legal 500 2019: ‘Easy to Work With’, ‘Personal Service and Professional Competence' and ‘Extremely High-Level’
The Legal 500 EMEA has ranked seven of Castrén & Snellman’s services in Tier 1 and four in Tier 2. The publication reviewed a total of 11 practice areas in Finland this year. Our St Petersburg office’s M&A expertise maintained its position in Tier 2. The Legal 500 ranks law firms and lawyers throughout the world and is one of the most prestigious publications in our line of business.
The Legal 500 highlighted 10 C&S lawyers as Leading Lawyers in Finland: Sari Hiltunen, Marko Hentunen, Anna Kuusniemi-Laine, Niklas Langenskiöld, Rickard Langenskiöld, Kimmo Rekola, Sakari Salonen, Tero Tuomisto, Outi Tähtinen and Matias Wallgren. Partners Benjamin Bade, Anders Forss, Jussi Nieminen, Eija Warma-Lehtinen and Senior associates Anna-Maarit Laurila and Sanna Alku were ranked as Next Generation lawyers.
The rankings are largely based on interviews with clients. The publication had, for example, the following to say about our firm:
- Dispute resolution: Marko Hentunen and Anders Forss jointly head the practice, which ‘brings to bear significant experience’. ‘Heavy hitter’ Tuomas Lehtinen is recommended for his experience in arbitration work, while senior associate Jerker Pitkänen has ‘an uncanny ability to identify and analyse the facts’.
- Commercial, Corporate and M&A: Castrén & Snellman’s ‘very efficient’ team is noted for its ‘personal service and professional competence’ and is led by Jan Örndahl. Kimmo Rekola and Jarno Tanhuanpää handle private equity and venture capital matters, while Benjamin Bade is ‘a rising star’ and is ‘already very experienced with a good hands-on approach’.
- Employment: Castrén & Snellman is noted for its ‘diligence and professionalism’ thanks to ‘a knowledgeable and helpful team’, which is jointly headed by the ‘highly skilled and experienced’ Outi Tähtinen and ‘brilliant lawyer’ Tomi Kemppainen; ‘business-focused’ senior associate Sanna Alku is also recommended.
- EU and Competition: Castrén & Snellman’s ‘top-quality, prompt, easy-to-understand and practical assistance’ attracts significant mandates including representing several private ambulance companies in a state aid dispute in the Supreme Court. The practice is also acting in several of the market's largest follow-on damages claims. Practice head Sari Hiltunen is singled out as ‘one of a kind’, while procurement specialist Anna Kuusniemi-Laine is ‘exceptionally skilled’. Newly promoted partner Jussi Nieminen and ‘rising star’ associate Suzanne Simon-Bellamy are also key names to note.
- Capital Markets: Castrén & Snellman’s ‘responsive’ team is ‘easy to work with’; clients single out ‘pragmatic and solution-oriented’ practice co-head Merja Kivelä, who is ‘one of those rare individuals with both professional expertise and business acumen’; ‘experienced’ co-head Janne Lauha, and senior associate Anna-Maarit Laurila, who is ‘a young talent’.
For a more detailed look at the rankings, please visit the Legal 500 website.