FINANCIAL REGULATION & COMPLIANCE
Finance and insurance is one of the most thoroughly and complexly regulated fields.
We are a reliable and skilled partner in all issues you may encounter due to regulation and market changes.
In addition to client assignments, we participate actively in legislative work and in developing market practices. Janne Lauha currently chairs the Finnish Bar Association’s Securities and Finance Law Expert Group and he is also an appointed expert of the Finnish Ministry of Justice in matters relating to securities law.
You will benefit from the most up-to-date information concerning the market and from our excellent contacts with the authorities. Our expertise will be of particular use in situations where regulations are still in the formative stage and no application practices have yet been established. In international regulatory matters, you will have access to our unique network of law firms.
- Legal opinions and day-to-day advice
- Compliance reviews and guidelines
- Insider matters, disclosure obligations and Market Abuse Regulation (MAR)
- Permits and market entry
- Notifications and europass procedures
- Planning terms and conditions for services
- Offering of financial services and products
- Regulatory matters relating to the book-entry system
- Post trading, clearing & settlement
- Marketplace regulation and MiFID II
- EMIR and short selling procedures
- Advice relating to AIFM permits and notifications
- Crowdfunding opportunities
- Applicability of payment services regulation
Our clients are Finnish and international banks, insurance companies, fund management companies, investment service firms, listed companies and foreign law firms.
The Legal 500, IFLR1000, Chambers Europe and Chambers Global rank our services among Finland’s best.