Castrén & Snellman ranked among top international arbitration law firms for third time running
For the third consecutive year, Castrén & Snellman’s dispute resolution team was recognised as one of the world’s leading international arbitration practices in the GAR 100 list published by the Global Arbitration Review. Our experts Marko Hentunen, Anders Forss, Tuomas Lehtinen, Niklas Langenskiöld and Jerker Pitkänen were singled out for praise. The GAR 100 is now in its 15th edition.
The GAR 100 is an annual guide to international arbitration that lists the world’s leading international arbitration practices. The criteria used in the GAR 100 survey are reputation, experience, amount of work undertaken and the monetary value of the cases. Our dispute resolution team is very proud of this recognition.
The GAR 100 highlighted our long history, arbitration skills and extensive record of successful cases and pointed out the following cases:
- We successfully represented a client in a billion-dollar arbitration seated in Sweden against an Eastern European company.
- We managed to knock out the majority of a US$200 million claim against a major international investment bank in a dispute over alleged professional negligence concerning a share purchase transaction.
- We successfully represented a Finnish construction company in a US$25 million arbitration relating to a project in Russia.
- We successfully represented an Asian conglomerate in several jurisdictions relating to an US$800 million arbitration.
- We won a rare set-aside of an arbitral award in Finland, as it was found to have been granted on grounds that had not been invoked by the counterparty.
- We are acting in a Brussels-seated, English law construction arbitration worth over US$350 million.
Read the latest edition here (requires subscription).