Great Rankings for Castrén & Snellman in The Legal 500: ‘Quick Response Times, Good Industry Knowledge, Value for Money’
The Legal 500 EMEA has ranked six of Castrén & Snellman’s services in Tier 1, four services in Tier 2 and one in Tier 3. The publication reviewed a total of 11 practice areas in Finland this year. Our St Petersburg office’s M&A expertise maintained its position in Tier 2. The Legal 500 ranks law firms and lawyers throughout the world and is one of the most prestigious publications in our line of business.
The Legal 500 highlighted 10 C&S lawyers as Leading Lawyers: Sari Hiltunen, Marko Hentunen, Jan Kuhlefelt, Anna Kuusniemi-Laine, Niklas Langenskiöld, Rickard Langenskiöld, Kimmo Rekola, Sakari Salonen, Tero Tuomisto and Matias Wallgren were once again ranked as Leading Lawyers in Finland. Earlier this year, The Legal 500 also inducted five of them into The Legal 500 Hall of Fame.
Partners Anders Forss, Jussi Nieminen, Outi Tähtinen and Eija Warma have been ranked as Next Generation lawyers.
The rankings are largely based on interviews with clients. The publication had, e.g. the following to say about our firm:
- Capital markets: ‘The “excellent” Castrén & Snellman provides “prompt and clear responses” and “good value for money”. The practice advised DNA on a €50m primary issuance of shares and a €424.3m secondary sale. Merja Kivelä is recommended for her “know-how and efficiency”.’
- Dispute resolution: ‘Castrén & Snellman is considered by one client as “the best dispute resolution firm” in Finland. “Impressive litigator” Anders Forss and Marko Hentunen lead the team, which defended Stora Enso in a €250m follow-on cartel damages claim.’
- Employment: ‘The “excellent” all-service practice at Castrén & Snellman is “easy to reach and quick to deliver”. Newly elected partner and “future star” Tomi Kemppainen is co-head of the practice alongside the “productive and business-minded” Outi Tähtinen.’
- TMT: ‘Castrén & Snellman provides “quick response times, good industry knowledge and value for money”. It advised Kone on IT and outsourcing matters in jurisdictions including the US and China.’
- Tax: ‘Castrén & Snellman has expertise in providing integrated tax and corporate advice. The team, led by Sari Laaksonen, provided tax advice to DNA on its €50m IPO and €424.3m secondary sale of shares.’
For a more detailed look at the rankings, please visit the Legal 500 website.