2017 Legal 500 Rankings: Castrén & Snellman Among Finland’s Finest
The Legal 500 law firm directory ranked seven of Castrén & Snellman's services in Tier 1 and three services in Tier 2. Our St Petersburg office’s M&A expertise maintained its position in Tier 2.
Partners Sari Hiltunen, Marko Hentunen, Jan Kuhlefelt, Anna Kuusniemi-Laine, Niklas Langenskiöld, Rickard Langenskiöld, Kimmo Rekola, Sakari Salonen, Tero Tuomisto, Anu Waaralinna and Matias Wallgren were once again ranked as Leading Lawyers in Finland. New for 2017, the Legal 500 included rankings recognising up-and-coming lawyers who are the Next Generation leaders in their field. Our Partner Anders Forss and Partner-Elect Eija Warma have been ranked as Next Generation leading lawyers.
The publication said, e.g. the following about our firm:
- Banking and finance: Castrén & Snellman is ‘very responsive, committed and always appropriately resourced’. ‘Hands-on’ practice head Tero Tuomisto has ‘very good know-how’.
- Dispute resolution: Castrén & Snellman is arguably ‘at the top of the list for Finnish disputes’. The practice is headed by ‘service-minded litigator’ Marko Hentunen and Anders Forss, who is ‘excellent in the courtroom’.
- EU and competition: Castrén & Snellman adopts an ‘innovative approach’ and has ‘excellent industry knowledge’. Practice head Sari Hiltunen has ‘in-depth understanding of all matters concerning competition law’.
- Employment: Castrén & Snellman has ‘excellent overall business acumen and knowledge of multiple industries’. Areas of expertise include discrimination cases, employment termination disputes and breach of redundancy procedures. Practice head Anu Waaralinna is ‘superb in her communication’.
- Intellectual property: The ‘quick and easily reachable’ team at Castrén & Snellman represented Valmet in patent infringement and patent validity cases before the Helsinki Court of Appeal. Practice head Sakari Salonen is an ‘outstanding and driven individual’.
- Maritime and transport:The ‘responsive’ team at Castrén & Snellman provides ‘accurate responses and honest advice’. Niklas Langenskiöld and Rickard Langenskiöld are highly regarded.
- TMT: Castrén & Snellman is advising Epic Systems on its acquisition of a new client and patient data system from Apotti. It also assisted Neste with outsourcing its IT services to Capgemini. Kimmo Rekola is recommended.
The Legal 500 has ranked Castrén & Snellman’s services as being among the best in Finland for many years and this year’s rankings again place us among Finland’s finest law firms. For a more detailed look at the rankings, please visit the Legal 500 website.
For further information, please contact