Castrén & Snellman Legal Advisor in a Total of 21 Capital Markets Issues in 2015
Despite the volatile economic situation, the Finnish market for IPOs, share and bond issues continued to be active in 2015. To our pleasure, both issuers and manager banks trusted Castrén & Snellman’s solid expertise. During the year, we acted successfully as legal advisor in a total of 21 capital markets issues in Finland.
- In the bond market, we advised various types of issuers, such as Central Bank of Savings Banks Finland, the Unemployment Insurance Fund, Citycon Corporation, Sponda Plc, YIT Corporation, Orava Residential REIT plc and Municipality Finance Plc, which issued Finland’s first AT1 instrument. The total value of the bond issues was nearly EUR 4 billion.
- We were the clear market leader in hybrid bonds. During the year, we advised Finnair Plc, Pöyry PLC and SSH Communications Security Corporation in hybrid bond issues. Finnair’s EUR 200 million hybrid bond was the largest hybrid bond ever issued in Finland.
- We acted as the issuer’s or manager bank’s advisor in FIT Biotech Oy’s, Pihlajalinna Plc’s and Consti Group Plc’s IPOs.
Clients appreciate our extensive and well integrated capital markets team, which is the largest in Finland. We seek creatively innovative solutions, and we have also had a key role in the invigoration of the Finnish IPO market in recent years. In addition to issues, our expertise covers financial regulation and compliance and transactions in the financial sector, and we have also long-term experience of developing the Finnish securities market infrastructure. We are also currently involved in preparing an Issuer’s Handbook aimed at companies planning to list on the Helsinki Stock Exchange.
- Thomas Landell has wide experience of capital markets and M&A. He spent the year 2014 on secondment at the New York office of Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP, where he focused on M&A and capital markets transactions. During the past year, Thomas has advised Danske Bank in Consti Group’s IPO.
- Anna-Maarit Laurila has several years of experience of assisting clients in IPOs and public tender offers. Recently, Anna-Maarit advised FIT Biotech Oy in its IPO.
Associates Hannu Huotilainen and Silvaliisa Virri are specialised in financial regulation, and Counsel Joni Painilainen has solid expertise in both capital markets and M&A. The team also includes Senior Associate Erika Saarela, Associates Niko Johansson, Erno Kaskinen and Aksu Tuominen, as well as Professional Support Lawyer Kristina Mirtti.
The capital markets team wishes everyone a successful and active year 2016!